Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Undecided

I still don't know whom I'm voting for.

My Republican friends look at me like I'm crazy and say, "What are you, crazy? It HAS to be McCain." Of course, they would vote for Hitler were he running under the Republican ticket (and still alive, of course, although that might not matter to some).

My Democratic friends look at me like I'm crazy and say, "What are you, crazy? It HAS to be Obama." Of course, they would vote for Hitler were he running under the Democratic ticket (and still alive, of course, although that might not matter to some).

Me, I like to study the proposals of each candidate, hear what they have to say about themselves, hear what they have to say about each other, determine who has the best ideas, is more enlightened, more curious, more adaptable. Everybody else likes to be spoon-fed. I refuse to be spoon-fed.

So, a week from yesterday, it will be time for the sheep to line up again and go to their respective sides of the pen. Red sheep on the right, blue sheep on the left, and all those shades of gray, well just mill about until you end up on one side or the other.

Obama and McCain. The best our country could come up with? Absolutely not. Just the two most willing and best at playing the game. It's all fun and games until something happens. Until then, how the hell do we know?

2 comments:

Leah said...

I've decided to write in Jeff Duman's puppet Walter. My husband and my friends do not think I will do it, (they don't know me to well do they)? I can't vote republican, I would shoot myself in the head if I did that. I can not vote for Obama because my mother would come out of her grave and kick my ass and my dad would shoot me. So it's Walter for me, and I better see my vote on the tally board on election night.

Dennis O'Hara said...

I didn't see Walter on the election returns, but I'm sure he appreciates the support. I can imagine NanNan visiting you from the grave more easily than I can imagine Uncle Frank putting down his beer long enough to shoot you. But I guess it could happen ;)