Thursday, October 4, 2007

Candles, Cleveland, Cable & Cold

Celebrate Good Times, Come On

Thirty-six years ago, God saw fit to put on this earth a very special person who has become my closest friend. Happy birthday, Clemdawg! Here’s to many more.

October Madness

Everyone’s all in a tizz up here over the Red Sox. I gotta admit; I’m into it too. You just can’t help it being up here.

Right now we’re watching the Indians against the Yankees in Cleveland. I’ve been to that stadium. After the ASOL conference in 2004 in Pittsburgh we had to stay the weekend because of something involving flights, it’s a long and complicated story. Anyhow, the Pirates were away the entire time we were there so Ken got us tickets to the Indians-Reds game on Saturday night and we rented a car and spent the night in Cleveland. We had tickets right behind home plate! Problem was, they were about 184 rows up. But it was a great game and the stadium was packed.

Indians up 11-3 in the 7th. Hopefully they’ll keep it up. Almost as much as we love the Red Sox, we hate the Yankees.

This reminds me of a story that Kendra sent me. She actually sent four, but I’m only going to post them one at a time.

----------------

On the first day of school a first grade teacher explains to her class that she is a Yankees fan. She asks her students to raise their hands if they, too, are Yankees fans. Wanting to impress their teacher, everyone in the class raises their hand except one little girl.

The teacher looks at the girl with surprise,"Dakota, why didn't you raise your hand?"

"Because I'm not a Yankees fan," she replied.

The teacher, still shocked, asked, "Well, if you are not a Yankees fan, then who are you a fan of?"

"I am a Red Sox fan, and proud of it," Dakota replied.

The teacher could not believe her ears. "Dakota, why pray tell are you a Red Sox fan?"

"Because my mom is a Red Sox fan, and my dad is Red Sox fan, so I'm a Red Sox fan too!"

"Well," said the teacher in a obviously annoyed tone, "that is no reason for you to be a Red Sox fan. You don't have to be just like your parents all of the time. What if your mom were an idiot and your dad were a moron, what would you be then?"

"Then," Dakota smiled, "I'd be a Yankees fan."

Hehe!

---------------------

The Saga Continues

Well, the guy who came this morning says that he thinks that the problem is with the TV input. Of course, this guy was from DirecTV. I’m sure if the Mitsubishi guy was here, he’d have told me that something is wrong with the DirecTV output. If they were both here at the same time, I don’t know, the problem probably would lie with the US Department of Indian Affairs or some such. I swear, people who don’t know what the problem is spend so much energy on trying to place blame somewhere that lets them off the hook; if they channeled that energy into trying to figure out the problem instead of passing the buck they would probably rule the world.

What is wrong with saying “I don’t know?” The smartest people that I know very rarely tell me things. Instead, they’re always asking questions, trying to learn more so that they can figure things out.

So now I’ve posted a question on a DirecTV user group. Hopefully somebody there can help. Otherwise, you will see me slowly going insane more and more every time I change the channel. I know most of you are saying, “too late!”

Etc

I’m getting excited about the LSU game Saturday. Go Tigers!!!

This weekend I get to repair a fence post, decorate for Halloween and hopefully see the Saints win.

Weather in Stoneham is like summer the next two days. What’s that all about? I moved up here to get COLD, darnit!

On the bright side, the leaves are starting to change and we’ll have a great show coming up here shortly.

1 comment:

Kendra said...

Yay! I made the B-BE Blog! And have no fear, the cold will come and stay for a very long time.